Huhtamaki Filmes Brasil Ltda., former Prisma Pack is a pioneer in a segment that arose as an alternative to traditional products in the diapers segment.
For many years, the child diapers segment has been served by a product called "Cloth-like outer cover" (cloc), that consists of a polyethylene, hot-melt adhesive and non-cloth material lamination. This product aimed to emulate real, smooth cloth. Actually, this product has a very nice look, but also many inconveniences, particularly when it comes to the environment. The use of three different materials makes up a highly resistant, high weight product after use.
The modern mother cannot abdicate the disposable diapers but she also cares about the environment. Aiming to protect the environment, we have created embossed and concave relief films that emulate textile cloth. The product provides a smooth feel, little brightness and very little noise, which is critical when dealing with baby diapers.
Besides being environment friendly than the conventional, laminated product, it offers further benefits:
1. Does not accumulate as much dirt as the cloc, which is great for babies beginning to crawl (better look during and after use);
2. Cheaper by square meter, if compared to "cloc". Just one raw material, instead of three. The mono structure is known to be more ecologically sustainable than multilayer laminated products;
3. Cooler than "cloc";
4. Brazilian mothers think it absorbs the urine better than "cloc";
5. Easier to print than "cloc";
6. Usually has a lower weight than "cloc";
7. A better feel than "Cloc", since "cloc" is made by “extrusion-coating”.
This innovation has been welcomed by our customers, and today most of Brazilian diapers use this type of film. Huhtamaki Filmes Brasil Ltda., former Prisma Pack is currently the world leader in the segment, having introduced the concept in many other countries where "cloc" reigned beforehand.
The most touching about this history is that what started as a cheaper alternative to an existing product is now becoming the preferred option also for ecological reasons.